Sunday, March 7, 2010

They Call it Senioritis...I call it "I have 88 days of school left?"

I've decided what I'm going to do with this blog. Yes. I have. Surprise!
This is my Second Semester Senior/I'm Going to College--What?! chronicles. Yup. Forever immortalized in the interwebs: the randomness of the almost second half of my second semester of senior year.
-----------------

Days are going by so quickly now and part of me just wants to grab at them kind of, "STOP IT. WHERE ARE YOU GOING??" frenzy-ish way and part of me is screaming "I want to get out of this school/town/etc!"

I'm obviously torn.

I want to cling to my past/family/childhood but part of me really wants to go to college to party/meet guys/start over. Throw in some homework into this mess and you get crazy-sauce/angst.

Homework has become more of a battle. I feel obligated to do it, but I really really really don't want to. Most kids have just stopped working/caring. But for some reason, I just CAN'T. I've spent nearly all day trying to catch up on the Beloved reading I'm supposed to do for English class. I don't think I can let myself truly not care about school until after APs are over.

People are getting ridiculous too. Ran into a kid from my Latin class at Sub T last night while hanging out with some friends (half were inebriated, half were not.) Latin Kid was dressed as an Indian/Native American. He had facepaint, feathers in his hair, and was sporting a homemade v-neck shirt that had a large horse head on it. He'd stopped by to get a sandwhich post-Western themed party. He was fucked up and hilarious.

Second Semester Seniordom can only bring more hijinks. It's safe to say I'm of excited. But I'm also still worried about the whole college acceptance thing as well as this whole internal struggle over schoolwork.

I'll play it by ear.

No comments:

Post a Comment